2021 POSTER DESIGN COMPETITION
“Together we will see Juneteenth Independence Day
become a National Day of Observance in America!”
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION ENTRY FORM
Please read the following guidelines carefully and adhere to all the specifications designated below. Submissions that do not meet the guideline requirements will not be accepted into the competition.
To ensure that Juneteenth Independence Day will be recognized as the National Holiday of Reconciliation and Healing on June 19th, of every year, to complete the cycle of Freedom.
Juneteenth presents a celebration of how African Americans have sought to affirm their creativity and humanity through music, poetry, literature, and other forms of the arts.
Create a poster that is symbolic of the historical journey African Americans in the United States have had to travel for rights, freedom, education, self-expression, heritage, liberation, and equality. You may choose a single theme or multiple themes.
ALL WINNING DESIGN ENTRANTS WILL RECEIVE:
- Recognition at the 2021 NJOF Awards Banquet
- National social media and print recognition
- Inclusion in the 2022 NJOF CALENDAR
- 1st Place winners shall receive – $300 cash award, certificate of participation, a NJOF souvenir coin, an 11×17 framed print of winning entry design and featured on the cover of the NJOF 2022 calendar and the cover of the Annual 2021 NJOF Awards Banquet program.
- 2nd place winners shall receive – $100 cash award, certificate of participation, design featured in the NJOF 2022 calendar; a copy of the 2022 NJOF calendar, and an 11×17 framed print of winning entry (upon request)
- 3rd place winners shall receive – $50 cash award, certificate of participation, design featured in the NJOF 2022 calendar; a copy of the 2022 NJOF calendar, and an 11×17 framed print of winning entry (upon request)
Competition is open to everyone!
- Only original designs will be accepted in this competition. ALL entries must be explicitly related to the theme Juneteenth; and submitted virtually, and in hard copy (non-winning submissions will be returned, if a SASE (Self-addressed stamped envelope) is included.
- Posters may include photography, collage, and mixed media.
- Language and all depictions shall be suitable for young audiences.
- Created in dimensions of 11”x 17”
Please include the following with each submission:
1) NJOF Logo and/or Flag—DO NOT Change the logo. Submissions that are missing a clear and unaltered logo will not be considered for a winning prize.
- Entrants can access the required NJOF logo for your poster via www.njof.org
2) Contains elements that speak to the mission and goals of NJOF; or, “All things Juneteenth.”
Virtual entries must be exported in email as a PDF and JPEG attachment (without crop, registration, or bleed marks).
Email to: Posters@nationaljuneteenth.org
Hard copies must be mailed to:
POB 64 Indianola, MS 38751 USA
ATTN: NJOF Poster Design
Access the Official Guidelines and Entry Form online at www.NJOF.org/poster
Fill out the attached ENTRY FORM complete with signature:
Entry Deadline: APRIL 19, 2021 – A print-ready poster design (PDF or JPEG) must be uploaded no later than 11:59 PST.
- ROUND 1: All entries received before the deadline will be posted in a gallery on the NJOF website, Facebook, Instagram, and other social media channels. Voting will take place from April 21st – The posters with the greatest number of likes will proceed to the next round. (Follow us on Facebook and Instagram and share posts to promote your work.)
- ROUND 2: Internal judging will be completed by the NJOF Poster Competition Committee to determine 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners; as well as Honorable Mentions, if necessary.
- Winners will be notified immediately after rounds 1 & 2 of judging, and public announcements will be made on May 31st
Email firstname.lastname@example.org; or call 662.347.8198
C.Sade Turnipseed, POB 64 Indianola, MS 38751 USA, ATTN: NJOF Poster Design
For further instructions, visit WWW.NJOF.ORG/POSTERS for GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION
Khafre, Inc. a Mississippi Delta based 501 c3 not for profit organization is the sponsoring agent for the 1st Annual Juneteenth Poster Design Competition. “Together we will see Juneteenth Independence Day become a National Day of Observance in America!”